Monday, April 18, 2011

Waving Palms

We stood behind the Sanctuary, all holding palms, waiting for the music. There were mainly smaller children there, but a few were my size. A tiny boy named James and I were holding each other's hands, laughing, and jumping. I wish we could have a maypole dance, too, I thought, but people here don't celebrate May Day.

The music started and we all queued up, James and I standing at the front. I smiled at him before taking the first step. We paraded through the Sanctuary, singing and skipping and laughing and waving palms like flags.

5 comments:

  1. you have a lovely way with words, dear.. this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful :)
    Your words made me smile this morning.
    I like the images you've described here and palms make a good writing subject...one I've never thought of before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It was actually about the celebration for Palm Sunday at my church; when things like this happen, I unconsciously start to make it into a sort of story.

    ReplyDelete