Monday, June 6, 2011

'I want to change'





All photos were taken by me.

'I want to change,' she said. She was herself, really, but she did not act it. Saying what she meant exactly and with a moderate crust made of cynicism (like sugared almonds but thicker)-- it wasn't her style. (And neither was being silent and melancholy every day.) So she would become a new and gentle wind--and be like a snake, shedding its old, rough skin which hides and restricts its real self. She was afraid of snakes, though. Instead, she would be like a candle--the flame that brightens after the excess wax is poured away (or shaken off by a careless hand)--yes, that is what I'll be: a candle, a little light.

Postscript: I am feeling so, so much better now that it is summer vacation (though I hate the heat). I was in a fashion show yesterday (it wasn't much, but it was my first time so I was excited). Also, I recently finished watching a Japanese animation series called Fairy Musketeers (or Otogi Juushi Akazukin), which I'd first heard of over a year ago on Skye's old blog, The Princess Portal, and the series is now one of my favourites. (My writing actually has a few references to two of the songs from it; I really like its music.) In a little over a week, I'll be leaving for England.

6 comments:

  1. "Instead, she would be like a candle--the flame that brightens after the excess wax is poured away (or shaken off by a careless hand)--yes, that is what I'll be: a candle, a little light."

    Gorgeous image and thought!
    This is my intention today.
    :)

    "I want to change"~How true this is. So often we cannot change ourselves instantly, but we can be open to gradual growth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Actually, I thought of it yesterday when I was burning my favourite candle. The flame was so weak; I looked at it sadly and, without thinking, reached out to touch it. The excess wax dripped off and the flame grew to three times its original size and became much brighter, and I instantly thought, 'I want to be like this'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such luminous imagery here! Change is something I think about a lot, so I really appreciate this lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh change. Isn't something i am ready to face but could be the only thing i need. This is lovely, dear, especially the images. I fell in love with the first one.

    Thanks for the comments :) You make me smile. T.C!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am organizing a virtual party my blog, I invite you to participate if you like it.
    The theme of the party are the fairies.
    On 24 June, "World Day of the fairies".
    You can wear a button to your blog.
    In my blog I have a translator.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete