Sunday, May 8, 2011

papilio glaucus


Photo credit.

A butterfly started a game of tag with me yesterday. I turned around and saw it fluttering excitedly behind me; it was a tiger swallowtail butterfly (I know them by heart). I chased after her (as I always do) but then remembered that I had to walk with the Lady. When I turned around, the butterfly had turned into a bird and flew away.

Today is Mother's Day. I hold my tiger swallowtail butterfly in its Snow White coffin to my chest and uncover it to kiss its wing. It pains me so much when the Lady introduces me as her daughter; she doesn't know that I'm a little changeling girl. I will bake her a cake today, but in my heart of hearts, it will be for Mama. Mama, dear tiger swallowtail butterfly, please don't fly away; though I have wings, I can't fly after you. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. very tight hug to my darling Lumina... i'm so sorry for this... you are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Haze. You are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete