Thursday, June 30, 2011

The lost stories


Photo taken by me at the Tower of London.

The story-teller in Dublin told me that untold stories are lost stories.

I've lost
the precious photos
with their stories of adventures
and my feelings of wanting to reach you.

My stories won't be lost
because I will absolutely never forget them
I'll write them a thousand times in my memory
and tell them in hopes that
you'll hear them.

And I shall
find the Lost Stories, too
on treasure hunts
in battered and ivy-covered castles
and in the swans' story-time
I'll gather them together
and tell them to you, too.

Yes, starting today
I'll work harder than ever
to reach for you.

--

I'm back from my adventure in England and Ireland, but I regret to say that most of my photos have disappeared.

8 comments:

  1. oh that is a terrible shame, i am sorry for you, to lose all those memories and joys. but at least you will remember in your mind, and although the images may fade over time, the feelings never will. your blog is so delicate and beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back & I'm sorry to hear that you've lost many of your photos. Exquisite poem and picture you've posted. Hope you can still enjoy your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both very much. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about the photos! But you're right, stories only die when we hide them and do not share their splendour. Your poem is beauteous (and I'm glad you have returned). <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. <3 I've always hidden most of my stories, but what the story-teller said made me want to tell them; I really think he was right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my, my, lumina.
    I always love reading you. Your words are like lantern to me. Perhaps, we could find the lost stories together. <3

    That photo by the way is so lovely. Reminds me of Mary and the Secret Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I lose my stories too, need more notebooks to write them down faster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you both, too!

    Haze: Finding Lost Stories is such a lovely thing, I do hope we can find some together. <3

    ReplyDelete